Bosnia Travel Guide, Gap Year Volunteering and Tours
Bosnia and Herzegovina is one of the most up and coming destinations in Europe due to the amazing sights, authentic experiences, friendly locals and the cheap cost of travelling here. There are lots of great places to visit including the capital Sarajevo and Neum which is spectacular city located on the Adriatic Sea.
Bosnia Travel Ideas
Bosnia and Herzegovina Travel Guide
Get information, tips, itineraries and inspiration if you would like to travel to Bosnia.
- Capital: Sarajevo
- Currency: Convertible Mark (BAM)
- Area: 51,129 sq km
- Population: 4,552,000 (approx)
- Language: Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian
Best Places to Visit in Bosnia and Herzegovina:
Bosnia is packed with some of the best sights in Europe and these are some essential places to add to your itinerary:
- Travnik Castle
- Banja Luka
- Kravice Falls
- Una National Park
- Blidinje Nature Park
Guide to Volunteering in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Bosnia is one of the most up and coming places to volunteer in Europe, this is a beautiful country still relatively untouched by tourists. You will get a really authentic experience volunteering here.
Location of Projects
Projects can be joined throughout the country in places like:
- Banja Luka
Types of Programs
- Community Development
Ocean Conservation Volunteer Project, Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
- Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
- 2 weeks - 3 months / From: € 1250
At a Glance
- Duration: 2 weeks+
- Requirements: age 17+
- Working hours: Shift work, Monday to Friday, 6 hours per day
- Project availability: All year round
How to Apply
You can apply independently to charities, NGO's and local organisations. You can also apply through an international sending agency which will provide you with a safe and structured experience.
What is included
- Food: 3 meals per day
- Airport pick up
- Training: Pre-departure pack and project induction provided
- Support: 24 hour support from on-site coordinator
What is not included
- Police/Government Background Check; US and UK citizens will be processed through Kaya (admin fee applies) all other nationalities must provide local police check.
If you have ever been to volunteer in Bosnia and would like to share your experience get in touch with us.